Sawa ZA/ZAL Single-stage Centrifugal Pump
The Sawa ZA/ZAL Centrifigual pump, with its specially designed impeller, is capable of reaching delivery heads up to 10 bar with a single stage. An advantage of the single stage pump against a multi stage pump is the better drainability which is of importance in many applications in the pharmaceutical industry. This characteristic is often used for cleaning applications with spray balls.
The ZA is designed for higher flow rates and is also made of stainless steel 1.4435, its suitable for applications with high flow rates at high delivery pressures. The pump is predestined to be used in sanitary and sterile applications.
The pump type ZAL with its specially designed impeller achieves a maximum pressure of up to 10 bar with a single stage. It also ensures gentle and quiet product pumping. Due to the steep characteristic curve of the pump it can be controlled well with a frequency converter.
These pumps are also available with a magnetic coupling (referred to as ZAM/ZALM). Because of their hermetically sealed design, magnetically coupled pumps are ideal when used for crystallising, toxic, flammable and en-vironmentally hazardous liquids. The containment shell between the two parts of the magnetic coupling seals off the pumped medium to the outside. This makes mechanical seals redundant. The magnetic coupling pumps are thus far more resistant to wear and consequently are generally entirely maintenance-free. A seal- ing-pressure system is therefore not necessary.
- dead space-free design (hygienic design)
- very quiet operation
- CIP and SIP compliant
- simple design/low maintenance costs
- sturdy design comprising high-quality chromium- nickel-molybdenum stainless steel 1.4435 (316L) with electropolished surfaces
- pumping of solids-laden media with no risk of clogging
- ideal for fast temperature changes thanks to sturdy design
- the sturdy design allows handling of abrasive and corrosive media
- option for various mechanical seal systems
- high delivery head with a single stage pump
|Flow rate Q||max. 100 m3/h|
|Delivery head H||up to 100 m|
|Temperature range||minus 30 °C to 130 °C, max. 145 °C (SIP)|
|Viscosity||up to approx. 500 mPas|
|Nominal pressure||PN10 to PN100|